4. Problem Mapping
- The expression and linking of multiple views around one or more problems perceived by stakeholders, for the purpose of professional solving of the problem, and the related scrutiny.
- Keep trace of who is most affected by problems, and should be consulted on their possible solutions.
- Allocate problems to socio-technical levels.
- Map and rank the possible causes (driving and restraining forces) and effects of the problems (forcefield analysis)
- Based on the rankings have the group select the aspects of the problems that can be realistically addressed within the available resources of the program/time window.
Further reading: